Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"The Western Slope" SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



There are a couple of things that I now know for certain. Cameras will never match, no matter how well they are designed and built, the human eye in picking up detail and slight differences of color. The other thing I'm also certain of, your mind's eye will always imagine a more profound memory of a place you have visited. I remember looking at these scenes and thinking, it will be impossible to paint all the subtle colors that I'm looking at, and thinking how lucky I'm going to be that I'm sitting in a studio painting instead of out in the wind and changing light. I can't wait to try though because the colors my mind remembers are quite a bit different from these. Click on the image for a larger view.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've spent a good deal of time in in this stretch of high desert. What a terrific job you've done capturing the openness, muted colors and overcast-ish look.

Nice.....

11:45 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Beautiful -

5:09 PM  
Blogger Vani Pippalla Akula said...

love your choice of subjects, color and light display. beautiful.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

This one really stands out! I love your choice of color combinations and the overall effect! Very reminiscent of the part of the country I called home for many years (minus the mountain background!)

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker