Saturday, January 26, 2008

"The Path Taken" SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



A couple of weeks ago my daughter Kacey and I took a trip up to Flagstaff so she could snowboard, and I could shoot some winter scenes of the area. It was a tough day to shoot photos for a couple of reasons. The worst being that there wasn't any place to park on the road up to the Snow Bowl. The rangers warned me twice not to stop, and the second tough obstacle was my shoes. I wore tennis shoes and the area had at least four feet of snow everywhere. Needless to say, I shot most of my reference from only ten feet from my car. Click on the image for a larger view.

7 Comments:

Blogger Don Gray said...

Next time, snowshoes! I was always frustrated with wanting to stop on the road to Snowbowl too-- they need more turnouts.

You got a nice painting out of it, nonetheless.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Candy Barr said...

Lovely woods in winter ...Have you seen Neil Welliver's woods scenes of Maine?
And where are you in AZ now? I'm in Scottsdale thru March hoping to get up to Sedona to paint when it warms up a bit. Not such a trooper as you!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Austin Maloney said...

You really captured the feel of the place.

4:41 PM  
Blogger William R. Moore said...

Micky,
This is a very fine painting on so many levels. What is the size and media?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Ryan Evans said...

Great painting- snow effects are really well rendered

Ryan

1:25 PM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Hi William,
The size of the painting is 8inches tall by 12 inches wide, and it is an oil on wooden panel.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Great painting Mick - really persuasive of that special light on snow

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker