Monday, December 24, 2007

Red Pinstripes SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



I was able to finish this painting finally, a couple of days before Christmas, after starting it sometime in October. I brought it along with me to Pheonix, knowing I would find a time when I only had an hour to spare to try to get something posted on eBay. I had already spent a good day trying to lay in the concrete and carriage and loved the bright hot feeling of that 90+ hot day in New York, and I didn't want to hurry the piece just to get it done. There's always something you can do more on a painting but I finally jumped in and gave it my last once over and decided this was enough. I called it Red Pinstripes because it was the last thing I added, and I just about decided not to put them in, but the more I looked at the image, the more I realized it had to be the finishing touch. Click on the image for a larger view.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen Read said...

Very festive! Even if you did start it in Oct., it looks like Christmas :)
I love the touches of red... very nice work!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Rick Lovell said...

Hey Mick!

It's been about 30 years since I met you at Willardson + White. I stopped by for an afternoon and then we went out and drank tequilla and almost got into a fight with a waiter for some reason...I really don't remember much from that night!

Anyway, I'm delighted that I stumbled upon your blog and that you are still active in the arts. I'm teaching full time at SCAD in Atlanta, and loving it. I still do the occasional commissioned illustration, but I can pick and choose more than I used to.

I love what you're doing, and wish I had time to paint every day. Maybe that'll be my New Year's resolution!

Best wishes to you and yours!undzc

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker