Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Spring Rain in Washington State" SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



This is a scene of the south fork of the Snoqualmie River that flows past Seattle from the East. It took me 6 hours to travel 90 miles as I stopped around every bend of the river to take shots. There were so many amazing landforms and cascading waterfalls that I felt like I would regret it if I didn't record everything that I knew would one day make a great painting. Click on the image for a larger view.

2 Comments:

Blogger William R. Moore said...

Hi Mick,
This is really a nice painting of such a wonderful locating. That is such a great little waterfall coming into the river. I assume this was a 90 mile trip by boat down the river. It was very wise to stop often on the trip.I am envious of your experience, wish I had been along.

9:56 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Hi William,
No, I wasn't on a boat. I was traveling on a highway that ran beside the river all along the valley that the river flowed. It was only a 90 mile drive, and should have taken only an hour and half to drive, but I stopped so much..I finally ran out of light.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker