Saturday, October 21, 2006

Jack'o lantern SOLD(Click here for auction results)




I was stuck for something to paint today, but finally settled on a jack'o lantern. What's more fun to paint than a glowing light source, and from a pumpkin yet. There have been great paintings done by the masters, of candle lit scenes, fireplace settings, and light raking in from windows, and they have always been a source of inspiration. They did those paintings without photographs too. Click on the image for a larger view.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

You are right Mick, nightime scenes with a concentrated light source are really fun to do. This is a great painting, I can smell the Halloween atmosphere through that gate.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Shanti Marie said...

Great painting! you really got it to look as if the light is coming from within. Super job!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This one is very good Mick. It has a quality to it that reminds me of those great artists that painted covers for pulp novels back inn the '50s.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mick,

I was wonderin' if we'd be seeing a Halloween themed painting from you. Sadly, where I live, Halloween ain't what it used to be (FUN for kids) anymore. Your painting captures the imagery of Halloween I remember as a kid. With the holiday season 'round the corner I'm anxious to see what holiday theme paintings you'll have in store for us.

Wayne

7:07 AM  
Blogger m collier said...

Great !!!!

7:13 AM  
Blogger m collier said...

Great !!!!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, fun and extremely well done (as usual.) I love it!
I've yet to paint a night time scene. I guess I should take that as a challenge very soon.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely lovely! I can almost feel the heat from it!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker