Monday, October 16, 2006

Two Onions SOLD(Click here to view eBay results)


Here's a couple of onions that are amazingingly hard to paint. I've seen other artist do them quickly, and some do them in a more rendered fashion like these, and gotta say, I can really appreciate the more direct approach. The color has to be so dark and rich on the red onion, and the subtle tones on the white onion are various greys of pink yellow and green. They took alot longer than I planned. And what's even more surprising to me is that some of the simplist objects have a ton of information in them where you only need one object instaed of two to make a good painting.
Click on the image for a larger view.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very old world..looks like an old Bartholome Murillo....excellent!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Amazing! What can I say Mick your just a great artist. I wish you would teach us more about how you paint.

8:35 PM  
Blogger craigstephens said...

I love that dark background. It gives this a real "old masters" feel. Also, yhanks again for including such beautiful large images. I love to click on the big one to get a better idea of what's going on.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is just amazing. I definitely wish you would teach us more about how you paint. Maybe even videos??

7:54 AM  
Blogger Charlatan said...

STUNNING!

12:29 PM  
Blogger One He Loves said...

Hey Mick, What happened to the twice a week thing? You are definitely painting more than twice a week. And, your paintings are absolutely stunning! I love them! You go, Mick!!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Vivienne said...

Beautiful, Mick, just beautiful.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors in this one. The subtle colors in the background really make the burgundy and lighter colors really stand out. The detail is amazing!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker