Friday, August 25, 2006

Shady Creek-SOLD-(Click here to see Auction results on eBay)


SOLD

I've been wanting to get back into landscapes for a while now, even more than wanting to paint something figurative. I'm still trying to figure out what kind of portrait or person to paint, but I'm getting closer to figuring that out. I was hoping a figurative piece would be next, but Luis Colan was kind enough to let me paint this piece from one of the photos he took while on a trip to Asheville, North Carolina. He also took some great shots of a Koi pond that I'm eager to paint. This is like a candy store

7 Comments:

Blogger Darren Maurer said...

Mick,
Very nice. I like the lit areas of the water. I'm working on a painting of peanut m&m's tonight. I will post it on blog Monday. Talk to you later,
Darren

9:55 PM  
Blogger Louis Boileau said...

Mick, this is a great painting...I can feel the cool air by the creek.

5:53 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks guys...I've always been amazed by Chris Hopkins painting of rocks and water and have been working hard to paint them simply, but with the structure they need to support what they are supposed to be. I'm learning to edit, and indicate without bringing too much attention to the the non essential areas of the piece.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I love this piece, tranquil and fresh.
You have some fantastic works, I love the peach, and your Mum and Dad is great!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mick, another great painting. You have a great style that always shines though. I always keep coming back to see what you will do next.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

Terrific - it's a very finished piece.

-Jeff

8:03 PM  
Blogger Todd said...

this is great, I really get the sense of being there, The water is painted masterfully, it makes me want to walk up to clearing ahead and sit in the sun.

wonderful

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker