Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lady Liberty SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



In our discussion group the past few weeks, we have been talking about painting just for ourselves. This is one I painted just for the pleasure. From my earliest memories as a kid I remember seeing photos and TV programs that talked about this statue. When I finally saw it, I wasn't dissapointed except to find out that you had to reserve a ticket a month in advance to climb up into the structure. It was a whirlwind tour of New York anyway, and we were on our way back up to midtown Manhattan to meet my Rep, who we eventually met, 2 hours late. Click on the image for a larger view.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen Read said...

All your recent posts are great! But I love the angle you got on this one! Wonderful artistically - but also portrays a feeling, a solidness that speaks loudly! Great work! :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Mary J DuVal said...

The angle here is so striking - the feeling of her looking out over us is strong. Great mood. It makes me want to stand up and say the pledge!

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker