Saturday, June 27, 2009

"Porch Swing" 9"x12" (Click here to bid on eBay)



Sorry about this late post. I got busy with three illustration projects and one oil portrait commission that I have been meaning to finally paint for more than two years now. Our move to Phoenix, and a death in the commission's family has put it on a continual hold.
This porch swing belongs to Frank Ordaz in Auburn, California. I shot another nice set up of Frank's garden wagon. It's one of his kid's old Red Flyer that he now uses for his garden tools and pots. I basically went there and ransacked his home for still lifes to paint. He has an amazing home that's like a Disneyland for artists with it's gardens and cool knick knacks that he's collected. Click o the image for a larger view.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mick..I am so blown away at how well you captured the light and the feeling of my porch...I mean I am so amazed at your gift of translating oil paints into capturing the light and sense of place...just ..wow!!!!! okay...I am just going to have to out bid the next guy....

8:53 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

You can paint anything Mick. That is, in my opinion, the mark of a true artist. One that casts his eye and interest on something and it magically takes on a life which he puts into it...the life that is also his own. That would be you.
So well done and a tender scene.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

I love the color and feel of this. Something a little different than your typical work! I love it! :)
(which doesn't imply I don't love your other work as well!!) :)

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stunning, beautiful light, brilliant detail, so painterly r.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Brian Anderson said...

Scintillating!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Apple said...

This painting looks very peaceful!!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker