Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Santa Cruz Cliffs" 9"x12" (AVAILABLE)



In my haste to take as many shots as possible and make it to Medford by midnight, I must have climbed through a patch or two of poison ivy or poison oak. This is one of the first scenes I shot the morning of May 5th. I drove to Visalia the first day after my daughter's wedding and the next morning I was climbing all over Santa Cruz and points north for the next 12 hours. I can now tell you that poison ivy does not clear up for at least two weeks. Hopefully all the shots I took will prove to be worth it. This scene was really fun with the mist and cave or arch opening on this cliff. Click on the image for a larger view.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bummer about the poison oak, that itch had to be maddedning. You captured a great painting though - the look of a overcast California sea scape. I especially appreciate the handling of the glassy reflection in the creek.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Arti said...

Thats what we call 'passion'!..But effort was worth it..that I can tell you.

4:22 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks Jeremy and Arti. I'll remember this piece for two reasons. One, the poison oak and two, it didn't sell in the auction. I think I'm going to work into it a little more and get some better atmosphere going and the frame it for my studio.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker