Friday, April 24, 2009

"The Colorado Below" 9" x 12" (SOLD)



My last trip to the Grand Canyon yielded a ton of great scenes but most were shot with an overcast sky. This is one of them which I liked a lot but I can only imagine what it could have looked like in the bright sun or late in the evening. The park is so huge, it stretches just about 30 miles along the rim from Grand Canyon Village to the eastern most viewpoint near the east gate entrance. Unfortunately for me the western drive out to hermits rest, west of the Village, was closed to private transportation which cut 50% of the park out. I had trouble getting around in just half of it anyway. Click on the image for a larger view.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Arti said...

Breathtaking...thanks for sharing these beautiful moments and great art work!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Leslie Saeta said...

I am so glad to have found your blog. I really like your painting style. The detail in your paintings is wonderful! Well done!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker