Friday, July 06, 2007

Peaches in a Bag SOLD (Click here to bid on eBay)



I've always like Julian Merrow-Smith's painting technique, especially how he captured peaches. He always had the dusty red and purple shades that just feels like the fuzz it represents. He's a plein air painter living in Provence, France. He's a daily painter with a quick direct way of painting that more and more reminds me of a Cezanne in his early days, before he went semi cubist. Anyway, he's a great inspiration for landscapes and still lifes, and if I knew how to insert a hyperlink, you would see what I mean. Click on the image for a lrger view.

4 Comments:

Blogger Schuivert said...

Jullian Merrow-Smith

Still following your blog with great pleasure Mick. And still as impressed as the first time I saw your works!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I love this -

7:21 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I agree, JMS paints a mean peach and a lovely line in landscape too, I think your peaches are pretty peachy too Mick.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Regula Scheifele said...

BEAUTIFUL !!!

I love Julian's paintings as well, a daily treat in the mailbox...
But your peaches are just as great... love the highlight on 'shy' one and the blueisch reflected light on the right one.... and the way you painted the paper bag...

Hope to see more fruit on your blog!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker