Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pan of Caramel Apples (Click here to view eBay results)



This is a painting fo a pan full of Caramel apples that I shot reference on last summer at a carnival. I have some other paintings planned from that night, but I'm hoping they will be on a bigger scale. Although the photograph of the painting doesn't show it, I finally got a good deep layer of paint applied to this one. The feel of moving more paint onto the surface to achieve the same look is surprising. The colors are richer in a deeper colored way. With the paint not being so thin, the white of the panel is toally covered. With thinner paint, light travels thru the paint and bounces off the white of the gessoed surface to lighten the whole painting. I like drama of the lights and darks that I control here. Click on the image for a larger view.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alisha K. Ard said...

Spectacular job with the glistening reflections! These look so good I can almost smell the caramel and hear the noise of the carnival.

Caramel apples are my husband's favorite treat. He has to have them every time we go to a carnival (or anywhere else that sells them for that matter, lol).

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker