Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chicken Vegetable Soup AVAILABLE



I was really worried about trying to paint soup. I shot this reference a couple of months ago, and had it setting on my desktop all this time and just about started it a couple of times. I like the color and the feeling of the salty taste of the tangy vegetables and meat. My second concern is always the perspective of the bowl. I never trace these images onto a panel, matter of fact, the most fun I have now with a painting is blocking it in and establishing the drawing of the object as correctly as I can, but I have to admit, exact drawing isn't fun. I call that rendering and I hope to only do that in illustration projects. These are paintings for me with the hope that people won't look the other way just because the elipse of a bowl is a little off. Click on the image for a larger view

4 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

Hi Mick, don't worry if the elipse of the bowl is wrong, some of the greatest masters didn't paint things correctly at times. I remember seeing a Chardin painting once when both sides of a jug were not right, but it didn't matter since the rest of the painting was so good. Your eye does the trick of making things even. That's the beauty of painting, it's the whole effect that matters most, as opposed to the fine details.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

mm mm good (the painting, not the soup, in this case)

10:13 PM  
Blogger craigstephens said...

Another very nice painting. Any flaws in the drawing are unnoticeable to me. Looks fantastic!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This soup is really , really well done. If you were going for photorealism, you have achieved it. Looks good enough to eat!
The wonderbread is equally as amazing.!

Speaking of Elipses.....I always have trouble with table tops so I know what you are talking about, but you have nothing to worry about with this one, Mick.
Great Job!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker