Thursday, August 02, 2007

Path Around the Rock SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



This is another in a series of paintings that I plan to complete from a hike I took up to Hidden Falls in Jackson Wyoming. I still laugh when I think back about meeting a guy on the trail the first day who was armed with bear spray. I ran out of battery power by the time I got halfway to the falls, and had to come back the next day. I thought long and hard about buying some spray because the night before we went to dinner at a BBQ place, and on the wall was a plaster cast of a Grizzly footprint. It was larger than a catchers mitt. This was early May and they are very hungry when they first wake up from hibernation. Click on the image for a larger view.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darren Maurer said...

Always remember when you are with a group of friends and meet up with a hungry grizzly bear.....you don't have to be faster than the bear. You only need to be faster than at least one of your friends. Just a small bit of outdoor survival knowledge for everyone.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Mike
Glad to hear that you didn't stumble across any bears in your attempts to bring back this piece. All of your Jackson landscapes are wonderful. I get out there now and again to visit my sister and her husband, and your paintings spark my interest once again for another trip. Keep up the great work.
All the best,
Cooper

7:19 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

It is unbelievable the way your sunlight reads - great work.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker