Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Radio Flyer" 12"x16" (Click here to bid on eBay)

"Radio Flyer"
This painting was created from a shot I took at Frank Ordaz's home a year ago this May. Frank has an amazing home in Auburn, California that he has turned into a secret garden. After his two boys out-grew this wagon, it became his garden caddy.
I was covered with Poison Oak rash and trying to forget about it, so shooting scenes and plein air painting with Frank was the only thing that made me forget about how miserable I felt. I also "stole" another shot that I painted last year from his place, a scene from his front porch. Thanks Frank!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Your strokes are beautifully orchestrated! Great painting Mick!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous robin peterson said...

I keep checking, and was happy to see you're back, and inspiring as usual. Thanks!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Heather said...

Wow, what a great painting. I'm glad I found your blog...I'll be b ack.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is a super paint work.Great colours great hue perfect light ,lovely.

4:12 AM  
Blogger billspaintingmn said...

Hi Mick! I'm new here. Frank mentioned to take a look, so I have.
Wow! I can feel the sunshine! Your
use of color and composition makes this a cozy home feeling!
I've seem some of your other paintings as well. Good, fun and true!
Very enjoyable, I'm going to brouse around. Thanks for posting!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Claire Bull said...

LOVE the little red wagon - we have one too...heartwarming painting, and the shadows and light are excellent!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

This is wonderful!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Arti said...

What a beautiful painting!The wooden planks, the wagon, the light filtering through the leaves...everything looks perfect.You do great work, Mick.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Debby Fisher said...

I love this painting Mick. Such great colors. I remember the porch swing from last year that you did that made me want to be there... That's a great place for you to visit!

11:29 AM  
Blogger kathleen Miles said...

I love this Radio Flyer wagon. It reminds me of my childhood in Dakota City, I had an old rusted one that I hauled everything you could imagine in it. Thanks for the great Memory!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker