Monday, December 15, 2008

"Grain Elevator" 6'x12' (Click here to bid on eBay)



I can't believe I miss this place. When I lived back there, the winter was always the most uninspiring place to to look for things to paint. Now that I live in a place that never gets snow I forget about the times when you had four seasons a year, and extreme ones at that. As I create this post, the temperature is -5 degrees, and that doesn't factor in wind chill. Any breeze at all and it could be -20. I really don't miss it anymore. Click on the image for a larger view.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the Light on this Mick....

7:35 PM  
Blogger John Vander Stelt said...

Yes, it's cold as heck here. Why do we live here? Born and bred here so it's part of our sub-zero DNA. But there is always something to talk about...the weather. Nice painting as always. I'm liking the simplified palette. All the best. - john

7:45 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Finnell said...

This is great. And the Iowa I remember. I loved the people in Iowa, but the weather...well, I had a sweatshirt that said "Iowa - Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Winter, Winter". Not being a winter sports (or winter landscape) type, it really wasn't for me. Southern Louisiana is so much more my speed.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Great stuff here, Mick. The Iowa Cornfield looks like where I live ... only we have lots more snow now. I'm not thrilled with the snow at the moment ... lots of shoveling last night! Back to your paintings - I love the variety you've posted of late :) Its all great work.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Michel McNinch said...

What a beautiful feeling from this one. I too have moved from a very familiar place and can feel a little melancholy looking at this.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

What a wonderful painting...I love the feel of it. Its as though I (as the viewer) am right there walking down the road and looking at this field.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker