Sunday, April 01, 2007

Moab Formation (SOLD)



Here's another painting that I did at least a year ago, that I've decided to put in my eBay store. On every trip west to visit the kids, I try to talk my wife into leaving three days early in order to take the time to stop off at all the great spots between here in South Dakota, and SanDiego. The shots I took for this painting I gathered in about 2 hours. We hurried thru it actually, and then drove the next 200 miles to Monument Valley in Arizona to see that park at sunset. Click on the image for a larger view.

4 Comments:

Blogger craigstephens said...

Wow Mick, I sure like this one. Great subtlety in the sky. It's fantastic!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jo Castillo said...

I like this one, too. The colors pop and the composition is compelling.

Jo

2:15 PM  
Blogger Leslie Anne Pease said...

Terrific... the colors in this are great. Love the green with the clay red!

Image is crisp and very realistic; almost 3D.

5:35 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks everyone. I was looking at the work of a lady named Jean LeGassick who I actually graduated from Art Center with. Same graduating class, but we didn't know each other back in '79. I ran into her by accident while trying to plein air paint in Phoenix. Here work of the desert is unbelivable.

Mick

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker