Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Basket of Berries SOLD (Click here to view eBay results)



Here's a painting I had high hopes for. I thought the basket with the teal transparent plastic ribs and the cellophane wrap would really be fun to paint, especially if it's set into a dark enviornment where it can really stand out, but I forgot one thing. Strawberries are hard to paint. I've tried suggesting the seeds on the sides, and I've tried to render them also. I haven't been 100% happy with either way of painting them, but I haven't given up trying. I have some more layouts from this photoshoot that I'll retry later this year. Click on the image for a larger view.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It's hard to be objective about your own work.
I think you captured it especially since you added the plastic wrap to the difficulty level. I tried that but need more practice.
Your paintings are great.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker