Thursday, June 01, 2006

Eclair and coffee#6-SOLD- (click here to see auction results on eBay)


SOLD

This is a 5"x7" oil on masonite panel. I was actually planning on painting a piece of apple pie for the next auction because my cherry pie failed to find a buyer. After the auction ended my wife said it was because hardly anyone likes cherry pie (right), but everyone loves apple pie with ice cream. We'll never know now, because the local pie shop was out of apple pies and what they had plenty of was Eclairs. I don't know if it was my stomach telling me to "just buy it", or my mind saying, "this needs to be captured in oil!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved all the stuff up til now, but this one really jumped out at me. Great detail with crust and cream in the eclair, down to the pattern on the plate and eclair reflection on the fork. Mick, your oil painting progressing is coming along beautifully.

Keep 'em coming.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker