Monday, May 18, 2009

"Shasta Stream" plein air, 11"x14" (SOLD)



On my trip back from the Box R Ranch in Oregon, I stopped for a few hours and painted this scene of a small stream in the Mt. Shasta Recreational Park. I wasted a lot of time looking for a nice view of Mt. Shasta's peak but just couldn't find a convenient location to set up. Not knowing the area was a real problem. I had a few suggestions but I couldn't find them with the directions I was given. I was on my way to Auburn, California for some more plein air painting with Frank Ordaz, so I needed to keep it quick. I finally settled on this stream that finally caught my eye. His place was another four hours down the road and I knew Frank would know some better places to paint. Click on the image for a larger view.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you found a great spot. I love the dappled light. I heard you had fun with Frank. I hope to paint with him in October.

11:09 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks Jeremy. You guys have a great place to paint in Auburn. Is the October date the one that will include Gurney. I couldn't paint, I would have to watch.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually live in southern California, but will be passing through the area then. The same thought came to my head, should I really be painting, or just watch these guys go at it and be awed?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Mark Alan Russell said...

I'm impressed and I admit I'm hard to impress. Keep up the goodwork Mick!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker