Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Statue Wearing High Heels SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



This is a scene from Central Park. The two figures just to the right of the statue is my son Jobey and his friend Matt. It was a scene I had to get used to for three days as I was always trying to catch up with them. I just about used my cell phone to find them a few times.
The title is actually from an old CCR song called "Looking out my Back Door". I thought it made sense because I didn't know who this statue was dedicated to, but he did have old fashioned high-heeled shoes. Click on the image for a larger view.

5 Comments:

Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Hey Mick,

I'm really enjoying this series..fabulous! Blowing these up and looking at the brushwork is half the fun..these are really something.
Best,
Todd

5:32 PM  
Blogger Mark Oberndorf said...

Mick,
The brushwork is so Sargent-esque. It really does look great on a 24 inch imac screen. Magnificent little painting my friend!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mick, you really nail the atmosphere in your work. As I look at your paintings, the space and depth of the scene really comes through.

My favorite part of this painting is the ground – the beams of light, the shine, the leaves scattered about. Beautifully done.

8:07 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks everybody,
We've been dicussing the art of painting alot lately in the google- discusions group, and this is what it comes down to...where do you stop with the information, detail...is it paint strokes to look at up close, or is it an object. I still like to look at paint and give it just enough to represent whatever I'm trying to describe. It doesn't have to be perfectly places for me anymore, but I can appreciate all variations of that thinking.

Mick

1:07 PM  
Blogger Bill Brauker said...

Wow,this one is terrific. Congratulations on such great work.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker