Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sedona #1 (Click here to view eBay results)



This was a shot that I just about didn't get. The sun had set, and I was out of room on my camera's card. Beside that, I had forgotten my USB cable to download the images onto my laptop, so I thought I was done for the day. We stopped for a coffee when all of a sudden the sky lit up. The sun had finally set so low, that it was shining below the cloud layer that had hidden the sun for the last half hour. Suddenly we had some of the most dramatic scenes I could imagine downtown. We hurrried down the street to buy another card, and I was able to shoot another 20 or so pictures before the light died. Click on the image for a larger view.

5 Comments:

Blogger belindadelpesco.com said...

Just beautiful! The atmosphere and lighting is perfect!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

has all the right stuff that commanded attention of my eye this morning. Well composed, good choice of palette. Enviable even...! 8^)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just beautiful! Breath taking.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mick....awesome job! I'm glad you ran and bought another camera card!
Otherwise we would have missed this gorgeous painting!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Peter Yesis said...

YOU DID IT! Loose and painterly. great color and atmosphere. This painting has a great feel of the traveler.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker