Saturday, July 08, 2006

Crashing Surf (AVAILABLE)



AVAILABLE ON THIS BLOG for minimum $100.00

This is a 5x7 oil on panel of a shot I took while painting at Point Loma. I'm trying to capture the effect of the place as quickly and accurately as possible, without trying to render the detail of the rocks and water. I'm getting closer to the feel I'm looking for. It will take pracice. This one was painted while looking at my monitor, so I didn't have the accurate color in the lit areas, or the shadows at the same time. You can't trust the camera to give you the same relatationship to those two elements. I reworked parts of this piece while it was up for auction. The image above is what it looks like now, but if you click the title (bid button), you'll see what it used to look like

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker