Wednesday, March 25, 2009

'Tea for Two" 8" x 10" (Click here to bid on eBay)


I've been doing a lot of landscapes lately and really needed to jump into something different, so here's a tea kettle. Back in South Dakota I had started to collect a few nice still life objects, but they have been lost in the ove. I still have ten boxes of stuff stored in our garage here that I don't seem to miss. I think I just figured out what is in a couple of them. Click on the image for a larger view.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I sure like how you paint reflections....

8:15 AM  
Blogger window dressing said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and I have to say that the reflections off the tea kettle as well as the fired coil have been rendered beautifully in this painting. I always tune in to see what the next painting will be.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Carol H. said...

This is wonderful! I love your still lifes - they are the perfect mix of painterly quality with realism, and I like the subject matter, too

11:01 AM  
Blogger Don Gray said...

Mick, the only thing missing here is the portrait of the artist, reflected in the kettle! Nice work.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous tslum said...

The reflection of the kettle is very nicely done and you have a wonderful painter tough and keen observation on great degree of details in your paintings.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker