Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Don't Walk SOLD (Click here to view results on eBay)



Here is my first painting from a trip I took to New York City with my son Jobey. I knew ahead of time that I wanted to shoot simple street scenes of famous downtown locations and Central Park, and after sifting through thousands of photos I finally had to decide and just get painting. The problem is that there was just too much to choose from. New York is nothing like what I expected except for two things that I did hear once or twice. It doesn't sleep, and it is the greatest city in the world. I'll write more about that later. Click on the image for a larger view.

7 Comments:

Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Mick,
This is really a spectacular painting, no kidding. You absolutely nailed the hazy atmosphere and the way the light bounces off buildings around the city. A great eye as usual. I love all your work but I think could be a very special series.

Hope you are well, all the best,
Todd

5:24 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Super image, mick! Love the light.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Cavender and Mark Ritter said...

Wow, Mick. This piece is brimming with life. Your brushstrokes are inspirational.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

wow what a change from the one below, I know where I would rather be but this is great Mick. I have just spent some time clicking and looking close up at your work, magic how you make specks of colour become almost photographic...you have impressed me tonight Mick, consider yourself praised!

12:12 PM  
Blogger KimKibby said...

This is just sick. (That means: I love it!)

Really lively and confident.

1:15 PM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I have been a vistor to all your blogs and comments from artists like yourselves makes a deeper impression on me. It's definately appreciated.

Mick

10:31 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mick, I have come to your site often over the last several months . . .this piece shows an unusual virtuosity and looseness . . .yet the realism leaps out! Niiiice work!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker