Monday, December 11, 2006

Plein Air Rocky Peak (Click here to view eBay results)



Here's the plein air piece finally. I touched up some of the sky, and carved the cliff a little cleaner along with some overdone shadows. The major drawing mistake I spoke about I never changed. The highest peak on the right is actually lower than the middle one, but who will ever know. I tried my best to resist the touch-up changes, but it's definately better. What I like most about the piece are the greys that actually don't show up to well in the photograph. In nature, I tend to see alot of colors that don't have a definate feel for any color, so I keep mixing the compliment of whatever color I start with, into that color to get a neutral that feels right. I think those colors are the best in any painting. There may be a color in htere, just like the musicain searching for the missing cord, that really makes a painting.
Click on the image for a larger view.

1 Comments:

Blogger gregg said...

Nice soft light.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker