Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pear- SOLD -(Click here to see auction results on eBay)


SOLD

This was harder to paint than I thought it would be. First I couldn;t decide how to handle the background. Originally there was a blurry outside scene of our back deck, and I changed it to a simple value and hue...several times matter of fact. Then I didn't establish the right amount of darkness on the pear. Images can fool you into thinking they are light and bright. The pale greenish yellow on the top of the pear is actually pretty deep in value but the photograph makes you think it's nearly white. Click on the image for a larger view.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivienne said...

Nice composition, Mick...well balanced and well painted.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Connie Tom said...

Hi Mick, I love this painting! I like how you chose to use an indistinct gray neutral background. Nice contrast to the vibrant colors and wonderful realism of the pear. Your attention to detail is remarkable! Thank you for adding me to your Sidebar. I added you to mine also. Wishing you the best, Connie Tom

5:28 PM  
Blogger "van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Hi Mick,

I love these pears and this one is good enough to eat. Thanks for your encouragement too.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker