Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lime stll life (not for sale) commissioned work




This is a commissioned piece that I painted in the last couple of days that I was really happy with. Hopefully the lady that commissioned it feels the same. It was more fun to do this one, than the other two that I'm also going to post. The other two were based on a painting I had already completed and in a way each painting is a puzzle that is fun to put together the first time, but after that it doesn't have half the fun attached to the project. As long as I have time to do them tho, I will continue, but would hope I could change something to the original to make it fun. Click the image for a larger view.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luis Colan said...

This painting is amazing. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of hyper realism. I like work with some juice, but you have a way of painting that somehow clicks with me. Although the forms are well modeled there's a lot of traces of paint present, that's why your work is good. Your patron will be a very happy lady with this one.
Take care

Luis

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent piece, dad!! I love the cuts in the wood! One of my favorites on this site! Great job! Ia m so proud of you! So glad you're "blogging" you show off. Now I can see your work like the good ol' days just walking downstairs and into your studio! Miss you!

11:40 AM  
Blogger mick mcginty said...

Was this comment from you Jeremy? Jobe, Kace, Katie?........Sunshine???

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker